The Harbord Homeopathic Clinic has a strong interest in clinical research about homeopathy and the collection of data to inform this research. Our clinic supports The Aurum Project for homeopathic medical research by providing space, manpower and administrative support.
What is the Aurum Project?
The Aurum Project is an Australian facility for homeopathic medicine research with a mission to promote research into the use of homeopathic medicines for childhood health and behavioural problems.
What is the background of the Aurum Project?
Meetings about the Aurum Project began in 2004. Discussions were held by members of the Faculty of Homeopathy at Nature Care College in Sydney and staff at the Harbord Homeopathic Children’s Clinic, (which is now incorporated into The Harbord Homeopathic Clinic).
What has the AP done to date?
The Aurum Project was officially launched in September 2006 and since then we have been involved in:
- 2016 – Melting pot session run at the Australian National Conference, Brisbane
- 2016 – Grant application
- 2016 – Writing educational article on How to run a melting pot
- 2015 – The Bali Project seminar was run by the Aurum Project
- 2014 – Weekly data collection
- 2013 – The Bali Project seminar was run by the Aurum Project
- 2012 – Retrospective case analysis review of the use of homeopathy for the treatment of glue ear
- 2011 – August – supporting two literature reviews – The use of homeopathy for treatment of otitis media and the use of homeopathy for the treatment of hypertension.
- 2011 – February, Brisbane – Harness your success auditing workshop.
- 2010 – HPT Trial of a new substance funded by Keysun Laboratories.
- 2010 – Supporting a literature review of teenage anxiety by Anne Manning and Ros Abbott.
- 2010 – Pilot study for insomnia. Literature review and ethics approval application completed.
- 2010, 14th March – Conducting the first Australian Harness Your Success auditing workshop.
- 2009 – Publication of the findings of the Hyoscyamus Case Series Analysis in Similia Journal, WellBeing Magazine and the book Challenging Children: Success with Homeopathy.
- 2009 – Conducting a case series analysis of treatment using homeopathy remedies (specifically Hyoscyamus) for children’s behaviour and learning difficulties. The study showed that overall the number of children who had a positive response even if slight was 93.3%.
- 2008 – HPT Trial of Melatonin 6x funded by Keysun Laboratories.
- 2008 – Initiating and writing the document “Australian Research Priorities” in conjunction with homeopathy industry groups and professional bodies.
- 2007 – Seeking liaison and support from the Australian Homeopathic Association and other professional bodies.
- 2006 – Official launch of the Aurum Project
- 2005 – Gaining the highest level possible of full tax deductible and gift recipient Charity status from Australian government bodies for conducting homeopathy research.