Make the most powerful natural antibiotic elixir at home! Fight infections and kill parasites. Kick coughs and colds, the flu virus, throat and other infections like sinusitis, stomach bugs and candida without prescription antibiotics!
Louise’s Elixir Recipe
This antibiotic elixir strengthens your immune system and has potent antiviral, antibiotic and antifungal properties. It purifies the blood, boosts blood circulation and supports lymph nodes and lymph flow through the body. Its effectiveness is due to the combination of high quality, natural, fresh, plant-based ingredients and it also offers many health benefits.
Natural and organic ingredients can be purchased in the health section of the supermarket, or at your local growers markets or health food stores. Quality, organic ingredients are recommended. Prices are Australian dollars at the time of writing.
- 3 cups apple cider vinegar. It is best to buy raw, non GMO organic apple cider vinegar with the ‘mother’ still in tact which is the good bacteria the vinegar grows on. A good brand is Bragg’s or Honest to Goodness. ($12)
- 2 knuckles of turmeric root ($30kg – approx. $2)) grated or 2 tbsp turmeric powder ($2)
- Juice and skins of 2 lemons ($2)
- ¼ cup finely chopped garlic ($2.50)
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion ($1)
- ¼ cup grated ginger ($30kg – approx $2)
- 2 tbsp grated horseradish / or buy horseradish in a jar if it is difficult to get ($1.50)
- 2 tbsp Active Manuka Honey ($4)
- 1 teaspoon of Cayenne powder or 2 fresh HOT chilies finely chopped. Not great for kids as this makes it quite hot and spicy. But this is great for adults who love a bit of heat and who suffer from sinus, flu and upper respiratory infections. It has an amazing warming and stimulating effect in the upper respiratory system and throat. You can feel the warmth moving down your throat and chest.
- Oil of wild Oregano. ($32) Oregano oil is considered to be far more superior than prescription antibiotics, without the side effects. Oil of wild Oregano essential oil can be purchased from health food stores and farmers markets. Please follow cautions on the bottle if pregnant, breast feeding, taking blood thinning medications or allergic to the mint family of plants. 4 – 5 drops can be added to the finished elixir to make it a more potent antibiotic when there is an acute infection.
- Extra Honey – add more honey to the finished strained elixir to make it more palatable especially for kids. It doesn’t need to be the expensive active Manuka honey. Any other good quality, natural raw honey stored in a glass jar will be fine.
What will it cost?
Based on average prices available (as given above per item) at the time of writing this blog, the basic Elixir above would cost approximately between $25 and $30 according to the quality of the ingredients and the brands chosen. As far as supplements go this is relatively economical when you consider you would probably get around a litre of Elixir which would give you around 70 tablespoon (15ml) doses.
Equipment you will need
- Chopping board, grater, peeler, sharp knife
- Gloves to avoid getting turmeric stains on your fingers and accidentally rubbing hot chilli and other ingredients on your face or in your eyes
- 1.5 to 2 litre glass jar with air tight lid for making the elixir
- Strainer for when it is ready, or cheese cloth
- 1 litre jar for storing the finished elixir
Instructions for making Louise’s Antibiotic Elixir
- Grate, chop or even use a food processor for dry ingredients. Be very careful when cutting and mixing this recipe. Chili peppers can really burn the eyes if you accidentally rub them with fingers that were used for chopping. Wearing gloves is a good way to avoid this. Also, the smell is very strong and might cause your eyes to tear up. You might want to consider wearing goggles or sunglasses and to keep the window open.
- Add all the ingredients to a bowl, except for the vinegar. Combine them.
- Transfer this mixture into a large jar.
- Add the apple cider vinegar to the mix until it fills up to the top. 2/3 of the jar should consist of dry ingredients.
- Close tightly. Then shake well for 20 seconds.
- Keep the jar in a cool and dry place out of direct sunlight for about 2 weeks. Shake well for 20 seconds at least once a day.
- After 14 days, put on some gloves and squeeze the mixture well making sure all the juice comes out, into a large bowl. Then strain the liquid using a strainer or cheesecloth into another glass jar. Squeeze the cheesecloth to be sure that you are getting every last drop of antibiotic goodness!
- You might want to start another jar at this time so that even if everyone in your family should come down sick, you won’t run out.
- Keep the dry mixture which can be used when cooking or add to salad dressings with some olive oil.
The Elixir does not need to be stored in the fridge unless you live in the tropics and will last for at least 6 months.
Dosage and Use
- This natural tonic is safe for pregnant women and children (always use small doses), because it is natural and toxin-free.
- Take 1 tablespoon daily to strengthen the immune system and help prevent catching colds, flus and other infections.
- Avoid diluting the elixir, as it will reduce its powerful effect. Add extra honey to make it more palatable for kids.
- You may increase your amount every day until you reach a dose of about 1 small shot glass.
- If you are dealing with a more serious disease or infection, take 1 tablespoon of the tonic 5-6 times a day. This will support any other treatment you are undergoing.
- Gargle and swallow to allow some absorption into mucous membranes and to help with sore or infected throats.
- Add a tablespoon of elixir and 3 – 4 drops of oregano oil in a glass of water and gargle or sip to relieve a sore throat. Water can be cool or warm depending on your preference.
- If mixed with some olive oil, you can use the master tonic as a salad dressing, or you can add it to stews.
Tips for making Louise’s Elixir
If you have added Chili or Cayenne to your elixir and you are finding it strong and hot or if you feel a burning sensation after taking it, eating a slice of orange or lime to settle this down.
For more information about how to avoid antibiotics and use natural antibiotics click here. Don’t forget to share this recipe with others!!
There are many different sources of infection, including bacterial, viral, parasitical, fungal, and more. Therefore, it is always advisable to receive an informed opinion from a healthcare professional about the likely source and seriousness of any infection. This blog provides information about the effectiveness of natural antibiotics and how you can use them to support the health of yourself and family.
Latest posts by Louise Ross-Campbell (see all)
- How to make the most powerful natural antibiotic! [Louise’s Elixir Recipe] - September 18, 2017
- How to slow down aging, the 5 side effects of kindness - September 17, 2017
- Avoid Antibiotics: How To Use Natural Antibiotics Hiding In Your Kitchen - May 20, 2017