Natural Medicine and Homeopathy Shop
Brookvale, Sydney, NSW (02) 99059415
Our shop is a treasure trove of carefully selected products and books on Natural Medicine and Homeopathy. Order on-line or drop-in to the clinic for professional advice. RETURNS AND REFUNDS: Return your unused goods within 30 days with your receipt and you are eligible for a refund. Please read the full policy before purchase. SHIPPING: Our shipping costs are Standard Australia Post Fees and are carrier calculated according to weight. DISCLAIMER: In any chronic illness, the advice of your healthcare professional should always be sought. You are encouraged to begin an open dialogue between your homeopath and your doctor to ensure that you are receiving the best care possible.
Mucosa comp N (Heel) - Practitioner Only
is a practitioner only product. When giving
your practitioner’s name and email at checkout you are confirming that you have been prescribed
this product by your practitioner. Your purchase will be shipped once we have
verified the details. If you do not have a
practitioner then you may have a short complimentary phone consultation with us to make
sure if this product is suitable for you. Please contact us 02 99059415 for a
short complimentary consultation, with one of our practitioners: Mon to Fri 9am to 5pm and Sat 9am to 3pm. All the practitioners at the
Harbord Homeopathic Clinic at 110/20 Dale St Brookvale NSW 2100 are registered
with a professional association. The consult is only required once.
Mucosa comp helps maintain healthy mucous membrane function. For the symptomatic relief of rhinitis. Relief of the pain and burning sensation associated with cystitis. Maintenance of healthy eyes. Provides relief from superficial eye problems such as sore, red and inflamed eyes. Relief of the symptoms, pain and discomfort of gastritis. Relief of symptoms of mild upper respiratory infections. 50 tablets.
Anacardium orientale 6X,
Argentum nitricum 6X, Atropa belladonna 10X, Ceanothus 4X,
Condurango 6X, Hydrastis canadensis 6X, Ipecacuanha 8X, Kali
bichromicum 8X, Kreosotum 10X, Lachesis mutus 10X,
Mandragora 10X, Momordica balsamina 6X, Mucosa coli suis 8X,
Mucosa ductus choledochi suis 8X, Mucosa duodeni suis 8X,
Mucosa ilei suis 8X, Mucosa jejuni suis 8X, Mucosa nasalis suis 8X,
Mucosa oculi suis 8X, Mucosa oesphagi suis 8X, Mucosa oris suis 8X,
Mucosa pulmonis suis 8X, Mucosa pylori suis 8X, Mucosa recti suis 8X,
Mucosa vesicae felleae suis 8X, Mucosa vesicae urinariae suis 8X,
Nux vomica 13X, Oxalis acetosella 6X, Pancreas suis 10X, Phosphorus 8X,
Pulsatilla 6X, Ventriculus suis 8X, Sulfur 8X, Veratrum album 6X.
Contains lactose, magnesium stearate.
Directions for use:
Adults and children 12 years and over: Dissolve 1 tablet in the mouth
3 times daily. Children 6 to 11 years: Give 1 tablet 2 times daily.
Children 2 to 5 years: Give half a tablet 3 times daily.
Not to be used in children under two years of age.
If pain or irritation of cystitis persists for more than 48 hours, re-evaluate the case. The presence of blood in the urine warrants immediate medical attention.
NO CLAIMS ARE MADE
Gut and immune problems? Supporting gut mucosa function with Mucosa Comp N (Heel)
The structure of the Gut mucosa
• The gut mucosa is made up of a single layer of columnar epithelium on a basement
• Cells of the epithelium are joined together with tight junctions which essentially 'stick' the cell membranes together to form a continuous membrane which is exposed to the inside of the gut.
• Because of these junctions, any substance that is to pass from the inside of the digestive
tract to the blood stream or lymph vessels needs to be taken up by individual cells and sent to the blood stream.
Layers of the gut mucosal surface
• Bacteria act as a passive barrier to toxins in the gut lining
• The mucous layer has the same function
• A tight junction structure exists between two mucosal cells and is closed by virtue of energy held by the mucosal cell. These cells need to be healthy and have a lot of energy in order to maintain the smallest diameter possible between the cells and thus keep away foreign particles.
The functions of the gut mucosa
• Barrier function
• Hormonal secretions
What is mucosa distress?
• Loss of integrity in the gut mucosa leaves gaps between the epithelial cells, resulting in the
tight seal between the external environment and the body's internal environment to be
• This allows undigested or partially digested particles to make their way between the cells
and into the blood stream. This is the start of "leaky gut".
• The body's immune system recognises these particles as foreign and initiates an immune
response against them.
What is the relationship between the gut mucosa and the immune system?
• If the gut barrier breaks down, we often see problems with the immune system.
• Eighty percent of the immune system resides in the gut lining: GALT - Gut Associated
Lymphoid Tissue. MALT - Mucosal Associated Lymphoid Tissue
• The Gut mucosal surface has the highest level of Iga and produces T-suppressor cells and
• Should the immune system fail to eradicate a problem, the liver takes over to eliminate
• However, if the liver is overloaded, we may see interstitial toxicity.
What are the causes of increased intestinal permeability?
Thank you to http://www.asbrm.com.au/articles/heel-mucosa-comp.html for this information.